On the 25 June 2014, representatives from the PREDICT consortium part in a workshop organised by the Research Executive Agency (REA) to explore synergies between FP7 projects related to critical infrastructure protection against natural hazards and cascading effects in crisis situations.
The aim of this meeting was to establish an effective collaboration between different projects, which are dealing with similar issues (critical protection against natural hazards, extreme events LP-HI, and cascading effects in crisis situations), to avoid redundancies and potential duplication of efforts, and to improve the quality of the expected results and boost their impact.
Each project's coordinator gave a breif presententation of his respective project describing its core objectives, methodology and expected results. Then, a general discusion on modalities of cooperation between projects enabled the participants to set up the roots of this collaboration.
Below are the links to the projects' websites :
- INFRARISK - http://www.infrarisk-fp7.eu/project-at-a-glance
- STREST - http://www.strest-eu.org/opencms/opencms/
- REAKT - http://www.reaktproject.eu
- Snowball - http://www.steer-snowball.info
- CascEff - http://www.casceff.eu/en/Sidor/default.aspx
- FORTRESS - http://fortress-project.eu
- CRISMA - http://www.crismaproject.eu
Documents from the meeting are available at the following link for registered members only: http://www.predict-project.eu/consortium-materials/rea-workshop-synergies-between-fp7-projects-presentations